Tips That Can Save You Time, Money & Hassles
Here are some do-it-yourself tips, but remember, our help is just a phone call away.
Repair or Replace
Water consumption in your kitchen and bath cost money. When you reduce water consumption, you save money. If you have an older water-guzzling toilet and it starts to need repairs, give serious thought to replacing it. Instead of spending money on what may be an unremitting string of repairs, make a wise investment on a dependable fixture that will save you money in the long run. The same is true for faucets and showerheads. Anytime these need attention, consider replacing them with new, water-saving units.
To Remove A Hard Object, Use A Wet/Dry Vacuum
Sometimes a hard object, such as a toothbrush, comb or a toy will find its way into your toilet or drain. In this case, a plunger may not be your best solution. A plunger might push the obstruction in deeper. Never use chemicals on a clog! If you have an hard obstruction in your toilet or drain line, give A+ Plumbing and Heating a call. We will save you a lot of time and money in the long run.
Useful Heating and Cooling Tips
- Set your thermostat as low as is comfortable in the winter and as high as is comfortable in the summer. If you’re away from home overnight, 50 degrees in the winter and 80 degrees in the summer.
- Clean or replace filters on furnaces and air conditioners regularly, either once a month or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Clean warm-air registers, baseboard heaters, and radiators as needed.
- Don’t block heating units with furniture, carpeting, or drapes.
- Flush out trapped air from hot-water radiators once or twice a season. If you’re not sure how to do this, give A+ Plumbing and Heating a call.
- During winter, keep the draperies and shades on your south-facing windows open during the day to allow the sunlight to enter your home. Close them at night to reduce keep the heat in.
- During summer, keep the window coverings closed during the day to block the sun’s heat.
- Select energy-efficient products when you buy new heating and cooling equipment. A+ Plumbing and Heating can help you choose the right model for your home.